Wednesday, June 23, 2010

apologies

I have not written on here in a long time and there are no pretty pictures like I promised before... bah humbug. Life just crept right up on me there.

Well on Father's Day, I cooked up a storm [I don't have any pictures of these either... surprise!] The best thing I made was pecan shortbread, next was the potato salad, then I made these citrus bars [lemon, orange, lime] with graham cracka crust, mini quiches, mini cheesecakes with berries and a graham cracker crust, banana bread, applesauce, and blueberry muffins. I was a busy busy girl, it took me a few hours to bake all of that stuff, I did the pecan shortbread on sunday. we actually forgot to get the pecans, after a long winded conversation about what size to get, the back and forth confused me, so i guess i forgot to get a bag of pecans. bah. it was ok, we were going in the neighborhood anyways.

All of this baking makes me think about my dream job: baker! ha! so now everyone i meet who has tried my baked goods, I am offering them a deal: if they buy me a bakery, i will bake all day long; it would be like it was perpetually sunday - beautiful. i'm a hell of a baker, i don't know how or why, but it just comes natural i guess. years of practice i guess. i love wingin a recipe, those always come out the best.

No comments: